Currently Being Moderated

What adapter do I need for my TV, Display or Projector?

Apple's article covers most of the cables needed, except for some Thunderbolt Macs. 


If you have a Thunderbolt Mac, one of the Thunderbolt to HDMI Adapters might be needed for HDMI, one of the Thunderbolt to Dual-Link DVI for Dual-Link DVI (for devices such as Apple's Cinema 30-inch HD Flat Panel Display M9179LL/A), one of the Thunderbolt DVI adapters for regular DVI, and one of the Thunderbolt to VGA adapters needed for VGA.


With pre-2006 Macs, the iBook article from Apple covers iBook adapters. 

The 12" Powerbook article covers those Powerbooks.


For those wishing to connect their AppleTV as a display, this user tip explains what an AppleTV can do, and can't do, and what alternatives exist.


I have no affiliation with Amazon or the distributers selling those adapters,  or knowledge if the links from Amazon are working adapters for your configuration.

Average User Rating
Average User Rating: 0
(0 ratings)
My Rating
rating Poor(1)rating Below Average(2)rating Average(3)rating Above Average(4)rating Exceptional(5)

Rating Saved!

Write a review

  • Reply to a brody


  • 0 Replies:

There are no comments on this user tip.

Delete User Tip

Are you sure you want to delete this user tip?